On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 18:06, RickG <rgunder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone posted earlier that the health insurance industry is not truly run
> in a "free market". It's "failure" is exactly due to this. Even after all
> the government rules and regulations, who in the USA does not have "access"
> to health care?

I suppose we're taking fundamentally different approaches to the issue of
health care. I don't see it as one that can (or should) be solved by the
free market - as far as I'm concerned, it's a fundamental human right. No
person, anywhere on this planet, should have to worry about things like
"money" when it comes to basic health and wellness. The fact that even one
American (or anyone else really, but this is a US-centric list) doesn't, in
my mind represents a deep-rooted failure of the free market, and of basic
human kindness and compassion.

David Smith
MVN.net