Every country with a government run medical system....   Denies routine
medical care, extraordinary medical care, or expensive medical care on a
routine basis.   This is why babies delivered by the NHS hospitals in
Britain are less than 90% born in a hospital room or delivery room.     The
rest are born in hallways, waiting rooms, streets, cabs, or ambulances
because there are no available rooms.    And, this number hasn't changed
significantly in years and will not change, because the government simply
hasn't enough money to expand facilities.

This is why in some cities in Canada, the wait for the assignment of a
personal physician can take up to 5 years.    The government can't hire
enough doctors, and those that are hired have no incentive to take on
greater case loads.

This is why Veterinarians in Canada have near instant access to MRI
machines, while people do not.    Veterinary services are free market,
people's service are socialized.

In every case, the government balances it's books by simply denying services
or delaying services to people.

But, of course, if a government beaurocrat denies treatment, like was done
for my mother, the patient just dies and we all mutter "ooh, that's so sad"
and we go on our way, secure in the fact that it wasn't our failure to pull
out our wallets and give to help the needy, but if someone dies because they
themselves could not afford to pay for it (as opposed to the agency budget
not having the money), we get to get all righteous and get on our soapbox
and yell rants and raves and excoriate those selfish bastards who are
refusing to give Congress a few more trillion dollars a year to spend in
ways to benefit themselves politically.

I mean, it's so easy, once the government has to decide, not you having to
decide whether you have to sacrifice for charity, your conscience and self
righteousness can remain fully intact - it won't be YOUR fault they died
like my mother did, because Medicare refused treatment, right?    After all,
Medicare denies treatment to "covered" patients MORE than any other insurer,
public or private, in some cases by more than 5 times as many denials as
private insurance.    Yet, Medicare has the largest percentage of fraudulent
payments of any insurer, BY FAR.    But, hey, if it's the government's
responsibility, we're morally relieved of any personal responsibility for
those who suffer for a lack, right?

Or, are you going to tell us that government can buy unlimited health care
for everyone?