From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Jeff Broadwick
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:23 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Imagestream (was Vyatta?)

How so Brad?

We sell a complete, warranted, supported product.  If you want to buy the
pieces/parts and build your own, that's great (and I believe that you do).
How can we warrant a product when we did not put sell all the gear that went
in to it?  If there is a product defect, how are we supposed to know if it
is our gear or 3rd party gear that caused it?  Believe me, there are enough
variables in the process already.

ImageStream provides a year warranty and a year of support (including 24/7
emergency support) with all of our routers above the little Envoy.  We offer
free lifetime software upgrades.  We give a 31 Day Performance Guarantee
with all of our routers.  Is it too much to ask that all gear in the box
come from us during that period?  It's not like we charge Cisco prices for
RAM, NICs, power supplies, etc.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Broadwick