From: Tom DeReggi [mailto:wirelessn...@rapiddsl.net]
Sent: 27 April 2010 05:34
To: wa4...@arrl.net; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Ever wonder how bad RB333/444 stacked cards interfere?

Yes. We let and encourage all our customers to pick their own routers (so
they are liable for their decission, not us), which is why we like to bridge
at customer CPE end.

The reason we need 5-9 eth ports is for when we serve shopping centers or
industrial park warehouse type clients.
We run one CPE to the building, but there is not anywhere inside the
building for us to put indoor equipment.
There is also rarely reliable AC power on the roof, without eating the cost
of electrician and painful permitting.
So we put a 5-9 eth port device on the roof, fed by POE. Then we run a CAT5
for each customer accross the roof, and enter each customer's suite/bay
through/underneith their AIRConditioning Unit entry, usually located on the
roof. Landlords hate seeing cable dropped over edge of building, so they
like it when we do it that way. We then power the roof equipment (POE) from
one of the customer's suites. If they cancel, we just move the POE to
another suite, and change their port to teh POE port at the outdoor
equipment. This model has worked wonderfully for us. We can go install a new
building for about $300 with one client, and easilly accommodate the rest of
the tenants as we follow back with sales, without having to replicate any
work or disrupt any pre-existing customers there. With the MT being an
integrated Radio and Switch, provisioning and remote troubleshooting is
really easy.  The only flaw is AC Power might not be harded for power
outages. So after we earn some revenue for a while, we'll sometimes go back,
and buildout our own power source. I was pretty excited about the Tycon
Outdoor battery backup case, because I think they'd work well for this
application.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband