On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 13:16 -0700, Mark Nash - Lists wrote:
> I appreciate advice in many cases, but for this one, I have only heard
> one answer to the question... That is: Is RIP stable?  That person
> that answered said "Yes".

If the question is "Is RIP stable?", then the answer is yes.  What
platform are you running?  If you already said this, I missed it, as I
unintentionally deleted about 1/2 of the posts in this thread this
morning.

> There was a comment to the limitation of the depth of routers, which
> is not an issue for us.  We do not *intentionally* have routing loops.

If you have under 15 hops to your deepest "leg", then RIP should work
well for you.  I agree with your assessment that there is no real
compelling reason to change.  If you are moving away from the network,
then it may be worth investigating suggestions to move from your "new"
admins, however.  Beyond that, RIP makes a "good enough" solution.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *