One of the best network engineers I've ever met, who was a owner/operator of
a fairly large, local ISP and currently owns/operates a fairly large
datacenter, helped me with some initial issues I had in our expanding
network. 3 years ago, he suggested I switch from zero routing protocol to
RIP. I feel it was one of the best things I ever did. Very solid, zero
issues. I too have considered a newer protocol but have found no compelling
reason to do so. Maybe when we grow up :)
-RickG