From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Charles N Wyble
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 1:12 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] new list

Um.... people bash WISPA on this list occasionally. It's usually not warranted.
There are a few trolls that like to make trouble. Why do you feel that we can't
bash WISPA on this list? If there are legitimate concerns with the
organization, and one feels they are a threat to the industry, then voice them.

Also going on a list and complaining usually doesn't get anything done.
It just wastes peoples time and bandwidth. If someone has constructive
criticism, and a well reasoned argument/position, that will get something done.

I've subscribed to the WUG list. Hopefully it will be interesting and not a
waste of time, however I will probably start various new threads on the WISPA
list, as it has served my and many others needs quite well.
I've been on the list since 2008 and been very happy with it. Numerous
products/services/organizations have been praised when necessary, and called
out when necessary. So I'm not quite sure the purpose of the WUG list.

We will see what the WUG list does. My initial feelings, is that it will be a
fringe list that ends up doing a lot of harm to the industry.
Journalists will see lots of trolling and pick that out as the face of the
industry, because it makes better material for the sensationalist media.

I realize that as business owners, we have very strong opinions and value our
independence and rights. However we must also keep in mind that we as an
industry are under attack on a continuous basis. WISPA has provided a focal
point for us to coalesce around as an industry. They have continuously shown a
deep understanding of how to keep the industry growing. They have produced a
number of products (3.65 regs, whitespaces, dfrs etc.) These end products take
substantial amounts of time and effort to produce. They have seen how the
sausage is made, and not been afraid to get their hands dirty.

I hope to join WISPA in the near future and contribute my support. I've been
slowly ramping up my WISP and preparing to roll out a broad beta.

I should get back to that now, have a demo due by the end of the week....

On 01/24/2011 09:29 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> To be entirely neutral.  We can't bash WISPA if we wanted to, for example.
> We can't bash a company that is affiliated with WISPA.  Probably not
> the best example, but this way we are entirely free to do what we want.
>
> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Steve Barnes <st...@pcswin.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure of the reason for this Post here.  Isn't the
>> wireless@wispa.org a free non-vendor specific list?  Is this a post to pull
>> users from WISPA?
>>
>> Steve Barnes

- --