On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:55:18AM -0400, Josh Luthman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Travis Johnson <t...@ida.net> wrote:
> > We have had many Ubiquiti radios that if they have more than 100
> > days uptime, you have to reboot them BEFORE doing a firmware upgrade
> > or else when they come back they won't pass traffic (even though
> > they are connected via wireless).
>
> That's only with a Linux Kernel used before Airos 5.5.  That's gone
> now.  Also I don't believe it has anything to do with firmware
> upgrades, least not that I saw.

Reboot before making/applying any changes in the web interface on
an AirOS 5.3 system with more than a couple of weeks uptime.  I
don't know exactly what the uptime breakpoint is.  I am pretty sure
I've had problems above 50 days.  Reboot first or there is a good
chance you will end up driving ...  As far as I can tell, it doesn't
matter how minor the change you make.

lamb...@lambertfam.org