I've used it on a PI and found it to be very accurate. Next to Iperf, put/get files from an FTP server provides good throughput measurements.

On 11/12/2013 02:49 PM, Clay Stewart wrote:
Is it accurate using it on a Raspberry-pi? I was loading up my first one today to try out Iperf. Since someone on this thread mentioned 'CPU', I was wondering if that would be an issue on a PI? Clocked at 800Mhz..

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Mike Hammett <wispawirel...@ics-il.net <mailto:wispawirel...@ics-il.net>> wrote:

    iPerf is very accurate in what it tells you. What you draw from
    those conclusions may or may not be accurate.

    -----
    Mike Hammett
    Intelligent Computing Solutions
    http://www.ics-il.com

    *From: *"Sam" <w...@csilogan.com <mailto:w...@csilogan.com>>
    *To: *wireless@wispa.org <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
    *Sent: *Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:50:51 PM
    *Subject: *[WISPA] iPerf as a Real-World Performance Simulation Tool

    Has anyone used iPerf before? I'm curious of your thoughts as to the
    reliability, and how the results would map to a real-world
    environment.
    For example, a friend was testing some 3.65 radios (which had no
    connection to the Internet) using iPerf. Based upon the iPerf
    results, a
    determination was made regarding maximum concurrent users per AP and
    maximum aggregate bandwidth capacity of the radio. For the maximum
    concurrent users I believe they tested this at several different
    download and upload speed for the fictional users.

    Having never used iPerf, I don't know if the results from their tests
    (which were very poor by the way - much lower than common
    configurations
    of DL/UL rates as well as number of users per AP I've read many of
    you
    describing on these lists) map reasonably to what one would expect
    from
    a given AP, or if they tend to be wonky.

    Thanks,
    Sam

SCS
  Clay Stewart