Thank you Ben and Dan, for your input.

This apparently does work, and the bit of research I have done includes that my
Dell laptop has a compatible processor. Throw in the fact that VMWare provides
a generic simulated hardware interface environment and it can be done, with
some effort.

If I can't get it going, I'll be looking for some Mac hardware, preferably
second-hand, that just needs enough power and recent OS version to run the
latest version of Safari for webclient testing "only".

I have absolutely no plans to do anything else with it.

I love being a Microsoft technology developer, I make a great living at it and
have no plans to waste time toying with Linux or Mac programming that lives
outside a browser window.

If Microsoft ported Visual Studio to Mac, then I'd consider it as an option -
but like that'll ever happen ;-)

Thanks.

Scott Cadillac,
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]