Well check that you have the upgrade code correct, but my guess it
would have something to do with @OnlyDetect=yes being set.  From the
v2.x documentation:

OnlyDetect | YesNoType  |  Set to "yes" to detect products and
applications but do not uninstall.

(http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/wix_xsd_upgradeversion.htm)

Remember that major upgrades are essentially a *new* product, so you
have to *remove* the old ones.  Also note that 4.1 in the tutorial
only deals with *detecting* an earlier product.  4.2 will show you how
to remove the old product.

Hope that helps.

John