FYI - The Wix Toolset (3.7) still compiles msi and burn packages on XP with
either the command line tools or via VS2010.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:54 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Bundle creation error using FIPS

Ahh, that may have already happened. I'm not sure you can use the WiX toolset
to compile MSI files on Windows XP. I don't know that anyone has tried in a
long time. <smile/>

The code I'm talking about lives in Burn though, which ships to end users, thus
(presumably) runs on Windows XP some non-trivial amount of the time.