Hi Rodolfo,

On 01/31/2012 06:01 PM, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:
> More topposting.

Sorry, a very bad habit of mine from work in the business...

> 1. I tried to download the file. IMO the .xz extensión is not common,
> why not tgz, tgz,...?

It will become more common as it saves considerable storage space:

$ ls -Gg wmlive-create_0.46.tar.*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 13709860 Jan 31 18:17 wmlive-create_0.46.tar.bz2
-rw-rw-r-- 1 13778636 Jan 31 18:05 wmlive-create_0.46.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 12524768 Jan 31 17:40 wmlive-create_0.46.tar.xz
$ dpkg -S $(which unxz) $(which xz)
xz-utils: /usr/bin/unxz
xz-utils: /usr/bin/xz

In debian/unstable even my favorite file manager Midnight Commander is
able to handle xzipped tar archives. We should start to get used to it,
so that it finally becomes yet another standard. )

> 2. Is possible to add your menu scripts in the windowmaker upstream or
> debian/ubuntu packages?

If it is of any use, please just go ahead. The main script is BTW not
really written by myself, but is an adapted/reused script from Arch
Linux, which was adapted/reused from SuSE Linux, etc.

Merry code go round! :)

> 3. Why not add all these stuff (themes,...) in one place at
> upstream/package?

I guess in the long run this would be very good, but i am unsure if it
really is a good idea to stuff everything and the kitchen sink into the
upstream sources. This is an easy path to lose focus and orientation.

> I was thinking about the menu system, if is better for you, probably is
> better for more people. I will try to take a look, and if is better, we
> can work to add it to the upstream or debian/ubuntu.

Some informed cherry picking would probably be the best approach.
Unfortunately i do not understand this code very well, so i didn't dare
to modify it more than necessary to make it work.

Regards
Paul