On 27/01/2013 17:03, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013, crmafra wrote:
>>    If the user tries to set an icon (ignore flag is set) but the file
>> textbox is not set we show the
>>    warning:
>>
>>    "Ignore client supplied icon is set, but icon filename textbox is
>> empty. Using client supplied icon"
>>
>>    and use the client-supplied icon instead.
>
> Why not just make sure the option is only enabled when there's a file
> set and have it disabled and cleared otherwise? Having an option which
> only results in a warning if the user tries to enable it is not a good
> UI design. So I think the option should only be enabled when the file
> textbox is set and disabled if the user removes the file.
>
> I can't comment on Rodolfo's code changes because I can't follow the
> icon code so I try to only comment on the behaviour.
>
> I also saw a log message that said that the AlwaysUserIcon option is now
> saved always. That's bad in my opinion because it just makes config
> files harder to read without helping you in any way because the user
> will have old config files without this option so you should handle the
> case when the option is missing anyway. Thus it's better to only have

Hi Zoltan, Carlos,

The AlwaysUserIcon is saved only if the user edit the icon. I need save
it to the attributes file because if I save only the textbox then is
like the AlwaysUserIcon is set to true.

There is not more difficult to understand the attributes file, is only
one line more. OTOH, we can hold the last icon set in the textbox
without use it, for example if the user want to use the icon sometimes,
only open the winspector and then set or unset the flag.

The patch is backward compatible, because if the textbox is set, then is
because AlwaysUserIcon is true.

> two cases: AlwaysUserIcon option is present (with value Yes) or it's
> missing instead of also having AlwaysUserIcon=No; as a third case. You
> might consider this too for the final version of your patch.

But in this case, the checkbox should be removed? If the textbox is set,
then AlwaysUserIcon is true, and if is empty, AlwaysUserIcon  is false.

Best Regards,
kix