Carlos: I guess it'd be better all around if you specified and published at least some of your priorities and anti-priorities. Also, set a procedure for cases when there's a conflict on what goes in and what doesn't.

I sincerely commend you picking up the project maintenance when there was a dire need for that. And I do not care much for the new features alltogether. However, I can see, too, how folks could feel uncomfortable with your stance on the innovation. Nobody's really challenging your authority and your credits. Just that you sound a bit authoritarian here. Again, it's not what you say, it's more how you say it. Why not try to generate more positive feelings?

***

W/r to the documentation, I'd say a potential user would initially want to know what one can do (do well) with WindowMaker. So, to enumerate some strong sides of WindowMaker as I see those:
-is light-weight, instant start-up
-has usable configuration out-of-the-box
-has visual preferences editing application out-of-the-box -has visualised task switching out-of-the-box, unlike many (all?) WMs -has (rudimentary) visual launch list editing out-of-the-box (I mean launched apps leaving icons in dock) -has some stylish and recognisable UI design elements (checkboxes, dialogs' tabs' tabs, radiobuttons, balloons, titlebar)

Big problems with WM:
- grossly outdated concept of paths management (menu editor -> 'application to run' selector, icons/pixmap search paths ) - rough, unpolished look in some parts of the UI (fat scrollbars) - no transparent background for icons? in 2013? (yes, it might be emulated by setting screen background and icon background to be the same, but...) - some functional elements (theming elements selectors in main menu, 'run command' applet, window attributes inspector) feel half-done, even primitive

-Yury