----- Josip Deanovic <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net> a écrit :
> [...]
> > > wraster.h:182: error: wrong number of arguments specified for
> > > 'deprecated' attribute
> > Could you please provide the answer for both commands:
> >   gcc --version
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11)

Thanks, I have checked and sent a patch that fixes the detection of gcc, so now
the compilation will not break.

> > > After that I can continue compiling the source until I get to the next
> > > problem: [...]
> > > /usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file libwraster.map: No such
> > > file or directory
> >
> > There are 2 things that would help understanding what's going on:
> >  - the file 'config.log'
>
> I have attached the config.log file (~102KiB).
>
> >  - fgrep libwraster.map wrlib/Makefile
>
> $ fgrep libwraster.map wrlib/Makefile
> am__append_1 = -Wl,--version-script=libwraster.map
> EXTRA_libwraster_la_DEPENDENCIES = libwraster.map
> CLEANFILES = libwraster.map
> libwraster.map: $(include_HEADERS)
> $(top_srcdir)/script/generate-mapfile-from-header.sh
>                 -n LIBWRASTER -v $(WRASTER_VERSION)
> $(srcdir)/$(include_HEADERS) > libwraster.map

Thanks again, I managed to isolate the cause!
I have also sent a patch for this, although for this one it will take you some
extra work, sorry for that...

> [...]
>
> Obviously libwraster.map file doesn't get created and I don't see why.
> If I copy libwraster.map from older windowmaker source directories then the
> source would compile but I prefer to get it created during compile time as it
> probably should be. Otherwise I cannot be sure that some bugs regarding widget
> elements drawing I would like to report are actually bugs and not the result
> of
> an invalid compile.

That was basically because the rule that tells make it is a dependency was not
recognised by Automake, then the generated Makefile.in did not include it at
all on your side, so Make did not even try to create the file...