Quoting message written on Saturday 2015-06-20 14:22:55:
> > Yes, that is a known limit of the procedure in place. Actually this
> > file is more meant for people compiling from the official package,
> > which do not have these problems. The goal is for people compiling
> > from
> > Git to find this information online on the Website, which is an
> > ongoing
> > task.
>
> Sorry, this makes no sense.
>
> The INSTALL-WMAKER file should be a plain text for people to read
> without any hassle. It should contain information to help people
> install wmaker. Its existence cannot depend on things that the file is
> meant to warn about in the first place.
>
> Can we get the file back like it was?

I remember that there was some talk about it in the past:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.windowmaker.devel/8990/focus=9017

I think that in order to keep INSTALL-WMAKER file in textual form, the
source of the documentation could still be kept in texinfo but it should
be manually generated every time someone changes the relevant texinfo.

--
Josip Deanovic