> When you make both height and width 76.1% of the default, the result is
> less than 58% of the original.

But in the end, it seems to me the user gets the same font size as if 'body
{font-size: 100%;}, given that all the other font-sizes are set above 1em
for regular paragraphs and above 0.9em for footnotes, for instance.

Can you see the test at:

http://cb2web.com/tests/testing.shtml ?

I have tested it in Opera 7.23, IE6 and Firebird and, IMO, the fonts within
the div76 (blue box) and div100 (red box) containers look the same at text
size medium (or 100%) and in fact, for the div76 container, the normal
paragraph is more readable at the "largest" setting in IE6 and the p.note is
still readable at "smallest".

What do you think?

The stylesheet is something like:

#div76 {