sam sherlock wrote:

Hello WSG List Members,

I am delveloping a website that can switch between english and itallian. I am wondering if I should be using en-GB or en-gb for my lang attributes
and also for the <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-GB" /> are these attributes sensitive to casing? or should I just have en

also is the charset iso-8859-1 OK for italian content?

I would also appreciate any links to web standard sites using multiple languages?

thanks in advance, Sam

Does anyone use transparent content negotiation to handle multiple language sites? I get the feeling this is hardly ever used, if so, why not?

Regards
Geoff Deering