Jackie Reid wrote:
>    onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"
>    onkeypress="window.open(this.href); return false;">External link
> here</a>
>
> this is detailed in the juicy studio article here
> http://www.juicystudio.com/article/scripting-away-validation.php

Jackie,
I don't think Gez is saying to use this method, I believe it's in the
article to show how it "was" done.
Reading Jan and Gez previous posts on this list, I'd say an inline solution
to use would be:
onclick="return !window.open(this.href)">External link here</a>

I'd leave onkeypress out, I believe this event is a bit like accesskeys when
it comes to follow Accessibility Guidelines...
Or I'd implement something like this
http://juicystudio.com/article/ecmascriptmenu.php
Look for checkpoint 6.4 in this document

Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com