Tony Crockford wrote:

I'm still looking for a best practice solution to reducing font size to the *norm* and not causing problems when I do so.

have you any suggestions on that front?

in web design and the way the viewer can set font limits, i don't think there is a *norm*. setting your font size to 100% in the body and then using ems or percentages to "shrink" font size is what i would recommend.

do a test page for your client and then show them how the user can control the fonts in their browser and maybe they will understand how "unstable" web design really is. don't forget to show them the test page at different resolutions as well. then you and your client can sit down and talk about what would be best for them.

my 2 cents.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford