> Blimey, this turned into quite a thread. But then the font sizing thing
> always evokes passionate reactions I guess.

I do admit the first time I read your initial post I cringed and
screamed AAARGGGHLXX!  ;-)

> Someone who prefers small text size will be able to read bigger text...
> but may not know how to reduce it to their preferred size.
> Whereas someone who prefers bigger text will not be able to read small
> text... but is perhaps more likely to be aware of how to enlarge it to
> suit their needs.

Irrespective of your assumption about who would be more capable of
resizing text I think you somehow missed my point.

I will try and make myself more comprehendible.

Given that the primary aim of a web page is to communicate information
- here in the form of text.

Larger text allows everybody to access this information instantly,
whereas smaller text establishes a barrier for those, who are not able
to read small text.

People who prefer smaller text might not like your page with large
text, but they can instantly access your information.
People who require larger text can not instantly access information on
a page with small text size.

In short, text size is a question of preference versus requirement.

Cheers,

jens

--
Jens Brueckmann