> On Behalf Of Al Sparber
>
> From: "Thierry Koblentz" <thierry.koble...@gmail.com>
> > What is the solution you're talking about?
> > That link you posted does not tell us much about your "own
> simplistic,
> > unsophisticated way", nor what is your "different view of menu
> > Accessibility".
>
> It must be so simple it went over your head :-)

ok, you made me curious so I read the whole thing.
I didn't find a live example to test and I'm not sure that page uses the
same menu structure as the one you discuss (since you have sub menus
double-wrapped in DIVs after the UL rather than nested in the top level
items like your markup example shows). But to *me*, this is a bad approach
regarding performance, usability, and maintenance (I may forget something).

1. the use of descendant selectors (going through *8* elements here):
.p7PMMnoscript li li li li li li:hover div {}
2. the "screen-reader link" that says: "Jump to Main Menu and expand all of
its hidden submenu items. Once expanded you can tab through all links or
open your screen reader's link list." Keyboard users should not have to go
through all menu items to navigate a site.
3. creating "fallback" pages that authors may fail to see as "landing pages"

As a side note, I'd be interested to check a live example as I am wondering
how you expose that "screen reader" link to keyboard users who do not rely
on a assistive device.

> Perhaps someone else would be interested in engaging in a debate or
> raising other accessibility solutions - but mine was a one-way
> post and I am only replying to you to clarify that.

Same here, I'm only replying to you because you suggested I didn't
understand your "solution".

Have a great day

--
Regards,