On 12/09/2014 21:38, KI7MT wrote:
> Hi Joe,
Hi Greg,

> If you intended to release the Beta October 1st, I'm sure either John (
> AC6SL ) or myself could come up with either a PPA or Debian Package,
> maybe both.
>
> I've not built WSJT-X using Qmake in a while, but, if wsjtx.pro and
> wsjtx/lib/Makefile are up to date, we could probably pull together a
> tar.gz with instructions for building from source. Need to confirm that
> will Bill of course.
I don't understand why you would want to build with qmake? CMake builds
are fully supported on Linux and the package target can produce a Debian
package, an RPM package and, a source tarball.

I realize that there are some minor issues with each of these but they
are far closer to a working distributable package than a raw qmake
build. For example licence terms, icons, desktop files, man pages and,
application descriptions are all handled in the CMake package builders.

> In any case I can help out in those two areas, but not on Mac I'm afraid.
Same applies for Mac although John G4KLA is already using the CMake
packaging for Mac AFAIK.