On 13/09/2014 13:52, Joe Taylor wrote:
Hi Joe,
> Tnx Tom.  Yes, we have taken care to assure that WSJT-X can be built on
> most *nix systems.
>
> By "installation packages" (mentioned in my message copied below) I
> meant binary packages that could be installed by less sophisticated
> users.  We'll try to have those ready for the most popular platforms.
I believe packaging rules for some (most?) "official" Linux distribution
package repositories require that a source package be available as well
as binary installers in the form of Debian packages or RPM packages.

I have done a lot of work with the CMake build script to get it to
produce both source and binary Linux packages but understand that the
CMake template packaging specifications are not quite perfect for
acceptable "official" repositories. I would like to work with our Linux
packaging members to try and automate the production of Linux packages
with CMake for WSJT-X.