On 24/09/2014 18:00, Joe Taylor wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Joe,

> Should the installation packages for wsjtx-1.4.0-rc1 include the
> latest-and-greatest version of the WSJT-C User Guide?  It's online at
>
> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main.html
>
> Which is good, since that lets us continue to improve the manual.
> However, for occasions when internet is not available, maybe it should
> be installed locally as well.  Perhaps even add an item such as "Local
> User Guide" on the Help menu?
We can certainly do that. The installer already creates a web link in
the start menu and the programs and features entry but they are WIndows
specific places. A local help menu item is no problem and a good idea,
should we use a Qt window to display it (might be expensive in terms of
installer size if we need other DLLs) or shell out to the default web
browser. I need to check what Qt has in the way of launching a default
web browser in a portable fashion.

> While I'm at it, nit-picking: since the manual's name is "WSJT-X User
> Guide", we should change the Help menu item "Online User's Guide" to
> read "Online User Guide".
Yes.

> Bill, are you going to commit the change with a box for "Allow Tx
> frequency changes while transmitting"?
I was waiting for any opinions on the whole lockout behaviour stuff I
sent you which is in front on my local commit queue, the change is made
and committed locally here. If you are OK with the other changes I'll
push the lot out to the repo.