Hi Joe, All,

On 10/22/2014 09:36 AM, Joe Taylor wrote:
> Hi Greg and all,
>
> KI7MT:
>> I know you've been busy with WSJT-X updates, but was wondering if you
>> came to any conclusions on KVASD v1.12 decoder (32/64) and if there will
>> be a central location to pull the decoder from for the apps that use it?
>
> I presently have versions of kvasd v1.12 compiled for Windows, linux32,
> and linux64.  Also kvasd v1.11 compiled for ARM, OSX_32, OSX_64, and
> linux64.  I could make others, if there's a good reason to do so.

Having a linux64 version definitely help simplify things with respect to
32bit dependencies.

I think you have most platforms covered, or at least I've not heard
anyone asking for something other than what you listed.

It may be worth generating OSX and ARM v.1.12 versions, just to have
everyone on the same page, but there may be reasons you can't do that,
not sure.

> The only difference between v1.11 and v1.12 is that 1.12 also does a
> decode test (on internally stored data) when you ask for its version number.
>
> Where is the best place to put them, for easy access?  Maybe not on
> SourceForge, since they're not open source?  Perhaps on the WSJT web
> site, instead?

I don't know if Sourceforge has policy covering this or not.

Personally, I'm ok with either (Web Page or VCS) only thing I would ask
is, wherever we deicide to stick them, the URL remain stable so we can
pull from constant locations for builds, or scripts etc.

> Is static linking of these a bad idea, for any licensing reasons?  (I'm
> fairly clueless about these things...)

For Windows, this may be ok, but would be a problem for any FOSS
distribution, at least from a packaging standpoint. I'm not sure how Mac
would look at it.

>       -- Joe, K1JT

73's
Greg, KI7MT