Hi Bill,

On 6/10/2015 10:03 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> further update - looks like the C function nhash_() is receiving args by
> value but is called from Fortran which passes by reference.

You're exactly right.  Compare the nhash.c that's now in the wsjtx
branch with the one in the wspr branch.  Their interfaces look like this:

wsjtx development branch:

uint32_t nhash_( const void *key, size_t length, uint32_t initval)

wspr branch:

uint32_t nhash_( const void *key, int *length0, uint32_t *initval0)

This function is called from both Fortran and C; we much change the
calls from C so that they use the call-by-reference form for all three
arguments.

        -- Joe