Hi Bill,

> Hi Anders,
>
> On 24/04/2016 14:32, Anders Rhodin wrote:
> > I now feel finished with translating the existing sections of the
> > V1.7.0 user guide into Swedish.
> > However I may have to get some proofreading made on it just to be sure
> > it´s ok. :)
> >
> > Is there any texts or documentation regarding the new functions that
> > can be started on for the user guide? Maybe it's to soon for this?
>

> Probably best to wait for updates to the english language User Guide and
> track them as they get committed.

QSL on that. :)

> > We also have the question about how to do the integration of the
> > translated material in to the documentation source code on SVN.
>

> This is already in place. The CMake scripts have been adjusted for
> building multiple language versions of the User Guide and the WSJT-X
> application has been enhanced to find the correct manual from the
> project web server based on the user's locale settings.

QSL! Just remembered that you mentioned this modification earlier.

> > At the present only the text in the documentation source files have
> > been changed/translated and the file structure is exactly like the
> > english version.
>

> This is good as the CMake scripts assume that is the case.

Perfect! :)

> > Except for the source files in the user guide folder containing the
> > translated section files, changes has also been made to the files in
> > the "common" folder.

> This is more complex, what changes have been made to the common files?

I suspected that this might be a problem. As mentioned below It concerns
the links.adoc and license.adoc files.
The reason for doing corrections in the links-file is that the
corresponding links in the text in the English user guide uses words in
sentences, ex. "Click here for more information" where the word "here"
contains the link. Since that the user guide is in Swedish the English word
"here" does´nt really fit in.. ;)
I just realized that this might be solved by adding new posts of links but
tagged to fit with a Swedish version. This will leave the English links
texts as they are just adding links to other languages. Is this an
acceptable way to solve it?

I think I´ll restore the original links-file and just add on the required
links with a tag for the Swedish translation. Just to try it locally.

> > Especially the license and links ADOC files.
>

> I do not think translating the licence text is advisable, to be GPL v3
> compatible the wording must be exactly as per the official GPL v3
> licence. I'm not sure if translations of that text are available or
> necessary.

Ok, for the time being It might be better to leave the text as it is
according to the GPL v3 in English.
There might be a Swedish version but as you said, It might not be necessary.

> > How are we going to do the integration of the translated files into
> > the documentation?

You can send a patch to me or simply a zip/tar archive of the relevant
> directories and I will commit the initial version, with you credited of
> course. Once hat is in place it should be simpler for others to follow
> up with new languages.

QSL! I´ll do that after we sorted out and agreed how to handle the common
files.
Depending on how to solve the issue it might need some more tweaking in the
files.. :)

73 de SM7VRZ, Anders