Från: Bill Somerville
Skickat: den 3 januari 2016 05:11
Till: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Ämne: Re: [wsjt-devel] Spanish translation

On 02/01/2016 14:10, Bill Somerville wrote:
> The easiest way to work with the user guide is to install the JTSDK so
> you can build WSJT-X. That will allow you to build the User Guide. I
> will make some changes to the build script to allow for multiple
> language User Guides so you will have a simple single command to
> generate the document to check out your changes.
Hi Anders & Borja,

I have made some changes to WSJT-X and its build script to cater for
multiple language User Guides. Currently only one User Guide is built
which is the English version. I only need to make a one line change to
add a new language when we have some translated sources. It relies on
the manual source files having exactly the same names for each language.
Source files will be in the following places:

<root-source-dir>   -->   doc  -->  user_guide  --> en  - wsjtx-main.adoc
images  -->  image PNG files

A translated version of the sources will reside in a sibling of the 'en'
directory named with the lower case two letter ISO 639 language code
e.g. 'es' for Spanish, 'sv' for Swedish. Optionally country level
localization is catered for by appending the upper case two or three
letter ISO 3166 country code e.g. en_GB but I doubt they will be needed.

Because we are approaching a candidate release for v1.7.0, now is
probably not he best time to start a translation since there will be
many changes to the User Guide documenting the latest features. Joe K1JT
looks after edits of the User Guide as his name is at the top he
naturally wishes the content to be as he would like it. Potential manual
translators should coordinate with Joe on this list as to the timing of
a phase of translation so unnecessary duplication and reworking can be
minimized.