      From: Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu>
 To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 12:40 PM
 Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] Cumulative patch

Hi Edson and all,

On 3/3/2017 11:09 AM, Edson W. R. Pereira wrote:
> Since I was the one who implemented the level meter, I have a
> suggestion: Please don't make the level meter change colors depending of
> the dB level. It makes it rather difficult to read for those of us with
> not so good eyes. It is perhaps better to change the color of the text
> or background of the dB label, if the feature is really needed. I
> personally find that the way the level meter works now is very clear,
> elegant and not visually intrusive.
>
> 73, Edson PY2SDR

Please let us know what you think of the changes made in r7597 to the
audio level meter.  In particular, to the color(s) used for the
thermometer bar.

For a trial period, we now have red indicating A/D saturation, green
"normal" levels, and yellow noise levels so low that quantization errors
are significant.  One should "almost never" see the warning colors
unless something is significantly wrong, so my feeling is that the color
changes should not be distracting in normal operation.

Should we stay with the three-color arrangement?  If yes, could we
choose a better set of three colors?

    -- Joe, K1JT