On 18/07/2017 23:32, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
I'd say the vast majority have no use for the slider anymore.
So let's hide it by default and have an enable checkbox in the config.

I'll do that patch if you think that's acceptable...we'll still end up with "what happened to..." but se la vie...

Hi Mike,

if you are going to do a patch then remove the slider altogether, that is probably the best option. It is of limited value and will always be misunderstood by many who don't understand the underlying realities of digital samples. Unfortunately the result may well be that those who miss the slider will revert to using the operating system sliders which are effectively the same thing and equally pointless (even harmful at extreme settings) as the WSJT-X slider.