If VFO-B is the active VFO and you switch bands on WSJT-X only VFOB gets
set...VFOA does not change..

The same is true if VFO-A is the active VFO; VFO-B does not get set with a
band change until you transmit.

I just hit WSJT-X's "Tune" button for a second when switching bands. Works
fine on the IC-7300 with tune-on-PTT enabled.

73 Paul K6PO