I think it would be difficult for the developers  to address every rig out
there and every circumstance.  I consider the software a gift as I did not have
to pay for it and I am glad to put some effort into experimenting and reading
available documentation to see what works best for my situation. There are a
lot of forums, posts and videos posted on the web by Hams discussing such
topics specific to WSJT-X.

The manual does address “Fake It” by basically saying each user should choose
what works best for them:

“Split Operation: Significant advantages result from using Split mode (separate
VFOs for Rx and Tx) if your radio supports it. If it does not, WSJT-X can
emulate such behavior. Either method will result in a cleaner transmitted
signal, by keeping the Tx audio always in the range 1500 to 2000 Hz so that
audio harmonics cannot pass through the Tx sideband filter. Select Rig to use
the radio’s Split mode, or Fake It to have WSJT-X adjust the VFO frequency as
needed, when T/R switching occurs. Choose None if you do not wish to use split
operation.”

“On the Radio tab select Split Operation (use either Rig or Fake It; you may
need to experiment with both options to find one that works best with your
radio).”

“Be sure that your rig control has been set up for Split Operation, using
either Rig or Fake It on the Settings | Radio tab.”

It is not my intent to offend anyone.  It just seems that this group, which I
thought was intended for software development issues, such as bugs in the
actual software, has been steered towards answering questions that are
addressed in the manual or problems resulting from operator error (clocks,
notch filters, QRM, etc.)  I may have misunderstood the purpose of this group
so I could be way off base.

73,

Rebecca, N4EFS