Paul --

Did you read the -rc5 announcement before downloading the new package ???

"Windows users will discover that WSJT-X v2.1.0 has been made available as a 64-bit MS Windows build for 64-bit versions of Windows since Vista. This version has one known defect. The audio input device level will be reset to 100% when WSJT-X is started, when the input audio device is changed, and when switching to a new configuration. This is a Qt framework defect that we have reported and is being fixed in a future release; until then users should take care to set the device audio level back to 0dB or lower depending on requirements. Note that many sound cards and chips have real gain ahead of the ADC, as much as 14dB, which will be turned to the maximum due to this defect and is usually undesirable when using WSJT-X.

"Despite this annoying defect, we recommend the 64-bit version of WSJT-X on MS Windows as it has significant advantages in decoding speed."

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT