Hello Jim.  Are you saying that the rules for a complete QSO can be different
for contests vs non-contest contacts?  How can that be.  I am sure that every
active station who works a new grid or new country in a contest, adds that to
his station totals, and expects to get a QSL card or LOTW confirmation.  To
have a contest where the rules allow contacts that are not valid for
non-contest awards makes no sense at all.

73, Russ K2TXB