On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 09:48:22PM -0800, Paul Kube via wsjt-devel wrote:

> Any change to audio device availability on MS Windows is likely to renumber
> the indexes of other devices, when this happens WSJT-X gets no notification
> that it has happened.

So does this mean that when a new audio device becomes available
while a music app is playing some file, the output from that
app would be redirected to some other device ?

I can't imagine this to be so, such a system  would be unusable.

Isn't the real issue here that WSJT is opening and closing the audio
devices again and again for each RX or TX cycle ?

Then the solution is to not do that: open the devices once and
keep them open for as long as the programs runs. So don't stop
the output stream during RX, just output silence. During TX keep
reading the data from the audio input and discard it.

--
FA