Only apps using the QT framework appear to have this problem.  Unfortunately,
without rewriting wsjt in some other framework, it's hard to solve.

I'd think that adding the resync to the error process (when you pop up the
"audio failure" window, resync the audio numbering) would work, but I'm not
competent to do this myself, so I can't say how hard this Simple Matter Of
Programming might be.

I suggested the 'resync audio' button solution a while back, but it didn't get
much traction.

I'm using Linux on a Raspberry Pi, and it doesn't have this issue.  Not that
that helps much, as most folks are running Windows.

There are ways to prevent prevent triggering of the renumbering process in
Windows, but they are complicated, many-faceted, and fragile.

#NoEasyAnswers

73, Willie N1JBJ