Thanks, Mike,
I wasn't trying to report a bug as much as point out something I had
observed.
This was under Fedora 39, wjjt-x 2.6.1, flrig 2.0.05 for rig control.  I'll
do some more analysis to reproduce it reliably and report the results
separately - I don't want to hijack Richards original thread.
-mike, kj6vcp