Hi Mattia,

Thanks very much for that.  It worked perfectly.  I don't know whether it's
because I'm on Kubuntu, or just that my directory structure is different,
but the steps I used were:

$ sudo -s
$ [password]
$ svn co https://wxperl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wxperl/wxPerl/trunk #
Upper case 'P' in the second 'wxPerl'
$ cd trunk
$ perl Makefile.PL      # Lots of errors as per previous emails, but it was
successful.
$ make
$ make test                     # I'm always a bit nervous of new stuff.
$ make install

Anyhow, my code is working and displaying a page preview.  I can see images
inserted into richtext and everything is smooth.

I have a presentation on Saturday, and I thought I might not be ready.

So my very sincere thanks to both you and Mark.

Have a good weekend.

Regards.

Steve