On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 10:14 AM Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> The work Alex is doing is exactly what I discussed with him. My
> approach of providing X2Go through VNC in a web platform would only
> have been an interim solution.
>
> I am still planning to work on a X2Go Session Broker based frontend
> for X2Go and will happily use Alex html5 client code (instead of
> NoVNC) in it.
>
> This sounds all pretty much promising!

Well, AFAICS Alex is transferring (only) images/tiles from the server
to client. Which which is not how NX works. So to support NX you
either have to grab the (resulting) images at the server side and can
then use Alex' code. Or you need a X server on the client side. Either
in the browser or as a separate app running somewhere in the
client-side network. The HTML5 client can then again grab the images
from that server and display them.

Both approaches satisfy the "have a HTML5 client" but the first one
loses all benefits of NX (from my POV there's no reason to use NX
protocol anymore then) and the second is either a huge task (xserver
in javascript) or requires a separate program running aside from the
browser.

What am I missing that make you excited about all that?

Uli