Am 30.09.20 um 14:13 schrieb Johann Petrak:
> Thanks for the suggestion!
>
> I am starting a new xfce session, and I am not bothered with the time that
> takes (XFCE starts
> up pretty fast anyway).
> But once the xfce session is established, simple tasks like opening a
> window, moving a window
> or typing text are rather sluggish in comparison to the VNC session over
> the same connection.
> For example, moving a terminal window works smoothly with VNC, but with
> x2go the window
> appears to be "jumping" along the movement.
> Then when typing into the terminal after the move, there is a delay in x2go
> until the letters
> show up in the window, while with VNC it happens immediately.
> I tried this with the default settings for speed and compression and with
> setting 4k for compression
> and LAN for speed but this did not make any discernible difference.

This sounds very wrong.

On the other hand, it is hard to debug without further info.

Please provide us with the following:
- Client OS and Version
- Version of X2GoClient (Help/About X2GoClient)
- Session configuration
  (preferably the "sessions" file/registry entries, rather than
  screenshots)
- Server OS and Version
- X2Go package source (your distribution's standard repo vs.
  X2Go's stable repo vs. X2Go's nightly repo)
- Version numbers of all X2Go/NX-related packages
  (on Debian-based distros: dpkg -l | egrep "x2go|nx" )
- Available Bandwidth and type of network connection
  (WiFi, LAN cable; mobile network like UMTS/LTE, ...)

By the way, if you want to basically disable X2Go compression etc.
completely, Connection Speed "LAN" and Compression Method "nopack" are
the options you are looking for.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--