Hello David,
I've been POC-ing the software on RHEL 8.6 using old HPE hardware. So far
it's been fairly simple to get up and running. The documentation is up to
date and the lead developer (Jarrod) has been able to answer my questions.
If your fear is the learning curve then I'd have to advise you might be
mistaken. I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,
John Villa
Manager - High Performance Computing