After running the first few commands, I have /tftpboot/confluent/x86_64/ipxe*
and /var/lib/confluent/public/{os, distribution}/ubuntu* present, along with
genesis-x86_64/.

However the contents of the RHEL/CentOS /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf are such that
“filename” is “xcat/xnba.*”, so that’s what gets loaded.

Do I need to tweak the dhcpd.conf just for the test system I’m playing with, or
should a completely new dhcpd.conf file be put in place for using Confluent?
(Moving the current one out of the way, perhaps temporarily until I get an
understanding of Confluent so I can revert to xCat if need-be.)

> On Oct 26, 2023, at 11:33, Jarrod Johnson <jjohns...@lenovo.com> wrote:
>
> I will say that EL7 hasn't been tested and thus we haven't pushed updates
> since 3.8.0, but 3.8.0 should be plenty.
>
> The confluent you have going is already enough to start examining OS
> deployment profiles.  If you would like to, you can use commands like
> osdeploy initialize and osdeploy import and even imgutil build, and it won't
> mess with xCAT.
>
> When you get to nodedeploy​, that is the time when you have to start planning
> around potential disruption as xCAT and confluent might fight over who gets
> to deploy a system, and that can be confusing.  We should document formally
> how to mask a node from xCAT ('!*NOIP*' in mac table) to let one kick the
> tires with a node...
>
> I can help look at a few people kicking tires, certainly seems worthy of
> documentation or video example...

[…]