Hello David,
You do not need to edit dhcpd.conf to use confluent. In fact, you can edit
the dhcpd configuration just to serve ips (remove any defined classes,
filenames etc) and confluent will direct the client to the proper
bootloader. I also had the same question/concern when I started demoing the
system. I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,
John Villa
Manager - High Performance Computing