tail /var/log/confluent/events for a hint on why it might be ignoring the
request.
________________________________
From: David Magda <dma...@ee.torontomu.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 2:46 PM
To: xCAT Users Mailing list <xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [xcat-user] [External] Re: xCAT-Confluent

I did a “service dhcpd stop” and a “service confluent restart”, and the
SuperMicro did not receive any reply to the DHCP/PXE packets it was sending
out. I then did a “service dhcpd start” and the “xcat/genesis” file was loaded.

The dhcpd.conf did have "gpxe.no-pxedhcp”, but removing it and restarting did
not change any behaviour. I noticed that
“http://IP:80/tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/172.17.8.0_21” is being referenced.

Per “lsof -i udp”, the Confluent is listening on *:bootps, so I’m not sure why
it is not answering. I had run a “nodedeploy MYHOST -n
ubuntu-20.04.6-x86_64-default” earlier.

$ nodeattrib MYHOST
MYHOST: console.method: ipmi
MYHOST: deployment.apiarmed: once
MYHOST: deployment.pendingprofile: ubuntu-20.04.6-x86_64-default
MYHOST: deployment.profile:
MYHOST: deployment.stagedprofile:
MYHOST: deployment.state:
MYHOST: deployment.state_detail:
MYHOST: groups: prox,ipmi,all,everything
MYHOST: hardwaremanagement.manager: MYHOST-ipmi
MYHOST: net.hwaddr: ac:1f:AA:BB:CC:DD
MYHOST: net.ipv4_method: dhcp
MYHOST: secret.hardwaremanagementpassword: ********
MYHOST: secret.hardwaremanagementuser: ********