Hi All,
In reviewing some recent appends and Jira bugs I would like to get some
feedback before making the following changes:

(1) Change compiler options for Linux and MSVC++ to generate more warning
messages.  By regularly monitoring the regular builds of
      xercesc we can try and have warning free builds.  The proposed
options for Linux are:
     CFLAGS   += -W -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Winline
-Wstrict-prototypes
  CXXFLAGS += -W -Wno-parentheses -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes
      For MSVC++ use W4.

(2) Change PSVIDefs to remove the following enums and remove the
corresponding methods that use them in SchemaElementDecl and SchemaAttDef:
          enum Validity {
        UNKNOWN = 1,
        INVALID = 2,
        VALID   = 3
    };

    enum Validation {
        NONE    = 1,
        PARTIAL = 2,
        FULL    = 3
    };

    enum Complexity {
        SIMPLE  = 1,
        COMPLEX = 2
    };
    All of the methods that use these enums are marked deprecated and the
xercesc code is not making calls to them anymore (ie. the values are
initialized but
   the code no longer makes calls to update them).   So if anyone were
making calls to these functions they would always be getting the same
values back.
   According to the release policy[*] we are supposed to be source code
compatible between releases but given that these enums have values with ALL
  CAPITAL names that  are colliliding with other products it seems like we
should clean this up now as opposed to the next version.

(3) A related change to the previous item, I propose updating the xercesc
coding conventions [**] to indicate that for ENUMS the names should be
choosen to
      be unique and descriptive (ie. INVALID or UNKNOWN are not good names)
to avoid colliding with predefined macros in other products.  The current
style
      of using ALL CAP enums should be phased out with using Mixed Case
enums instead (to minimize the potential of colliding with predefined
macros in the
      future).

[*] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/faq-contributing.html#faq-2

[**] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/faq-contributing.html#faq-3