Hey,

        Whats your objection against 3.0?

Gareth

David Cargill wrote:

Hi Alberto, Adding /Wp64 sounds fine.

I am not sure about having the next release be 3.0.   I think the risk of
someone having PSVIDefs in their code is a small risk (given that we have
already removed the functionality).  I agree it would be nice to clean up a
number of items but I think 3.0 should have some significant functionality
or architectural change from the current code base.   However, this is just
my opinion, and I wonder what others think?  Anyone?

BTW, what is the outstanding work for DOML3?  If methods have changed
names, could we introduce the new names and mark the old ones as
deprecated?

Maybe we should also keep track (perhaps in a Jira bug) of changes we
should make for the next version of xercesc (you mentioned adding const to
some signatures).  It would be good if we didn't lose track of these...

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Alberto Massari <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ect.com> To xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org 02/03/2005 06:29 cc AM Subject Re: Request for feedback on some Please respond to proposed xercesc changes xerces-c-dev (including breaking source code compatibility)

Hi David,