Hi David,

At 05.59 03/02/2005 -0500, David Cargill wrote:

Hi All,
In reviewing some recent appends and Jira bugs I would like to get some
feedback before making the following changes:

(1) Change compiler options for Linux and MSVC++ to generate more warning
messages.  By regularly monitoring the regular builds of
      xercesc we can try and have warning free builds.  The proposed
options for Linux are:
     CFLAGS   += -W -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Winline
-Wstrict-prototypes
  CXXFLAGS += -W -Wno-parentheses -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes
      For MSVC++ use W4.

These look fine; for MSVC++ 7.1 we should also turn on /Wp64, in order to catch instructions that on a 64-bit platform have unwanted side effect (long!=size_t)

(2) Change PSVIDefs to remove the following enums and remove the
corresponding methods that use them in SchemaElementDecl and SchemaAttDef:
[...]

What about planning to release Xerces-C++ 3.0 as the next release, as the current policy would require? This way we have the chance to clean up the enums, add some "const" keywords to some signatures, and complete the work on DOML3 (that requires renaming some methods that have changed signature since the working draft we implemented).

Alberto