Hey,

On 12 Feb 2005, at 6:39, Neil Graham wrote:

Lots of cool ideas there. I'm with Alby though in being reticent about
drawing in STL-based code at this juncture. I could be wrong about this,
but I seem to recall something about Xalan-C having relatively recently
gone through a painful change away from STL for the sake of portability.

Its absolutely the case that STL code will make xerces less portable. Its one of the reasons I have not pushed for Pathan to be pulled in earlier. That would be part of the work required to bring it in. It is of course possible to pull it in and have it configurable in the build. This would allow us to slowly port it over in different platforms that did not support STL. In my experience that also encourages other people to contribute as they find they need the functionality.

Gareth

-- Gareth Reakes, Managing Director Parthenon Computing +44-1865-811184 http://www.parthcomp.com